- This event has passed.
June 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 29, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Genome Informatics course will focus on large-scale approaches to understanding the structure and biology of genomes. The explosion of genomic data requires biologists to increase the scale and sophistication of the information technology used for their research. The course scope encompasses a wide range of methods for the analysis of these data, including a focus on technologies such as handling NGS data, genome assembly, comparative genomics, and metagenomics, applied to very large genomic data sets.
- Introduction to high throughput sequencing
- Inspection of sequence quality
- Sequence alignment and assembly genomics
- Comparative genomics & evolutionary analysis
- Genome annotation
- Computing resources for sequencing informatics
Who should attend: Anyone who wants an introduction to the world of genomics
Dr. Ranjeev Hari Nair
PhD (UM, MY)
- June 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am
- June 29, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Beginner to Intermediate